Carrylift Materials Handling Ltd are looking for an Advanced Apprentice Engineering Technician.
Working alongside experienced and qualified staff you will learn all aspects of Mechanical/Electrical (Multi-skilled). Working under supervision you will work towards being responsible for the following tasks:
- Inspect, maintain and repair plant and tools
- Servicing of vehicle activity
- Carrying out checks and maintenance as outlined within the PPM (Planned, Preventative Maintenance) scheme
- Work to RTE (report of thorough examination)
- Working to check and repair motors, gearboxes, belts, braking systems
- Working on hydraulic and pneumatic systems, fluid changes
- Fault finding and repair
- Carry out reasonable instructions from Lead Engineers or Senior Managers
- Ensure that all Health and Safety standards are maintained and that you show due diligence at all times
- Comply with all company policies and procedures e.g. health and safety, training and development, quality, disciplinary & grievance and timekeeping and attendance etc
- Good communicator with a proven the ability to problem solve
- Ability to prioritise work/tasks
- Excellent technical aptitude
- Good interpersonal skills
- Practically minded
- Have good technical awareness
- Relish the challenge of physical work in an industrial environment
- Have a good work ethic
- Strong focus on working safely
- Able to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Having a good, positive attitude
- A willingness to learn and adapt to change
- Good attention to detail
- Possibly have a hobby/interest in fixing/tinkering with mechanical devices/bikes/machines etc
- Access to own transport would be an advantage but not essential
- Minimum of 5 GCSE Grades A-C or equivalent including English Language, mathematics, Science and preferably Design Tech or equivalent
- Apprenticeship may lead to permanent employment
- Further in-house and external training and development available for the right candidate
- Potential continuation of education and academic studies i.e. HNC
- Continued professional development
Things to consider
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies.
Do not contact the employer directly, or this may result in your application not being considered.
Any offer of apprenticeship/employment will be subject to successful completion of a colour vision assessment
Assessment, pre-interview and Day release element of this apprenticeship will be held at Dunnings Bridge Road, Liverpool, L30 6XT.
You must be able to travel to both your place of work and our training centre.
Driving licence would be an advantage but not essential.
- Level 3 Engineering Technician Standard
- ERR Employment Rights and Responsibilities workbook
- PLTS – Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Level 2 Functional Skills in mathematics
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English
- Level 2 Functional Skills in ICT
- Advanced Engineering Apprenticeships normally last four years during which time you will attend our Training Centre on block release mixed with either mini blocks or day release for basic training and further education
- The remainder of your time will be spent with your employer, training in Engineering. NWTC will monitor your Apprenticeship on a regular basis to ensure you achieve the standards required including mandatory requirements, core skills, knowledge and occupational behaviours in preparation for your end point assessment
To apply, please visit – https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-290328