An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Forklift Engineer based at our Stoke depot.
The apprentice will be working alongside experienced engineers, to help develop knowledge and skills as a materials handling equipment engineer, whilst studying with an accredited college to gain a formal qualification
Specific Learning includes:
· Materials Handling Equipment Maintenance
- Fault finding and repair
- Electrical and Mechanical engineering
- Health & Safety in the Workplace
The ideal candidate:
· Practically minded
- Possess good technical awareness
- Display a ‘hands-on’ approach with good dexterity
- Relish the challenge of physical work
- Have a good work ethic
- Strong focus on working safely
- Able to work in confined spaces
Personal qualities required:
- Good communicator
- Enthusiastic with a desire to listen, learn, ask questions and be prepared to take on constructive criticism
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team, showing respect for others and listen to instructions from others
- Practical and logical with a desire for problem solving
- Physically fit and able to climb ladders
- Ability to prioritise work/tasks.
- Having a good, positive, can do attitude
- Personable, enthusiastic and trustworthy with integrity and respect for colleagues and customers
- A willingness to learn.
- Good attention to detail.
· Successful completion of this apprenticeship may lead to permanent employment.
· Further in-house and external training and development available.
- Any offer of apprenticeship/employment will be subject to successful completion of a colour vision assessment.
- Some commuting will be expected to a college.
- Assessment, pre-interview and the training element of this apprenticeship will be held at our local depot.
- Remuneration will be subject to an annual review throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
- Qualifications required: 5 GCSE grades C / 4 or equivalent including English, Maths and Science
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chesterton: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Mechanical knowledge: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Please apply in writing with full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org